Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9 am - 4pm
"Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." -- Hebrews 10:24
Special Announcement - March 20th, 2013
Samaritans Purse has transitioned from their cleanup and mud out operations into repairing and rebuilding homes damaged by the storm in Ocean County.
We are now accepting applications for construction assistance to homeowners who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of Ocean County and own a home in an area affected by Sandy, with damages caused by this storm.
- The damaged home must have been your primary residence.
o Home cannot be considered rental property.
o If, at any point during the year, this home is rented for short term (2 months or less) income purposes, homeowner must provide verifiable documentation that ensures the homeowner does not own property elsewhere. This information will be substantiated by case management investigation.
- Home must be less than 1600sf on a single level home or 1000sf on the ground floor of a two story.
- Household income and holdings must indicate and document that the homeowner(s) cannot afford to build back without assistance
- Priority will be given to those with no insurance or who were underinsured.
- Homeowner must be able to afford all taxes and utilities.
- Homeowner must be willing to use any available FEMA and insurance money on the project.
- Homeowner may be required to agree to a drug screen and financial background check.
- Must be willing to keep and live in the home for 5 years.
- Homeowner and family must be willing to help Samaritan’s Purse volunteers a minimum of 5 hours per week. (There many ways to help besides the actual building process)
- All FEMA and insurance settlements must be closed.
- Consideration for special needs will be assessed during the building process.
This program is free to homeowners who qualify for the rebuilding project. Depending on your location and the requirements that have been set forth by local, state, and federal government, some work may fall outside of the scope of Samaritan’s Purse’s volunteer capabilities. If you feel that you may qualify, please call Tom Kluender, Samaritan’s Purse Case Manager, at 732-349-1550 ext. 327 (office) or 732-606-5908 (mobile).
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse’s intent is not to compete with local contractors or take business away from them. Our goal is to help those who cannot afford the services of a contractor. We call on the services of local subcontractors for trade works such as electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
The current specific needs are the following [Updated on March 13th]:
- Canned Chicken, Tuna, Fruits
- Laundry Detergent
- Dog & Cat Food
- Peanut Butter
- Shelf Stable Milk
- Nonperishable food items
- Gift Cards for local stores
- New Undergarments - All Sizes - Men, Women and Children
- Sneakers/Shoes for Children
- New Bath Towels/Wash Cloths